This collection was found from the eroding surface of Bawani, a site not far from Harappa that dates from the 3rd century BC.
HARP (Harappa Archaeological Research Project) a group of scholars from a variety of fields dedicated to advancing the study of the ancient Indus Valley civilization.
Greenish clay layers were found in a deep depression in the center of the HARP-excavated platform. One theory that is being investigated is that the platform and the central pit were used for production of indigo dye (Trench 43).
In Trench 57 West, excavations in 2001 revealed a large paving of backed bricks that may have been part of a courtyard or room originally bordered by massive baked brick walls.
Structures in this part of Harappa were sometimes made of a combination of mud-bricks and baked bricks, sometimes mixed in the same wall as seen here in the case of both the southern part of the western wall and part of the northernmost wall.
This map shows the major cultural interaction regions c. 1900-1300 BC: Cemetery H in the north, Jhukar in the south and Rangpur in Gujarat.
Visualization of ancient Harappa as it may have appeared in late Period 3B/early Period 3C, drawn by J. Mark Kenoyer. The granary and working platforms of Mound F are in the northwestern corner of the city (upper left).
Top plan view of Trench 57 excavations indicating the possible layout of the large baked brick walls that were robbed.