An overview of the area on Mound F as seen from the city wall on Mound AB.
Excavated Ancient Indus Civilization platforms.
The foundations of many houses were constructed on top of massive mud brick platforms such as this one eroding from the edge of the mound along the major east-west street dividing HR and VS areas.
Some buildings in L area are constructed on top of a massive mud brick platform that can be seen here as grey-olive mud brick below the eroding red fired bricks.
This large room or courtyard was filled with a solid mud brick platform that was almost entirely excavated to investigate the underlying room.
Continued excavations in 2000 focused on the northern area of Trench 43. Here too were found fallen walls and well preserved living floors. Note the Period 3C circular platform in the background at a considerably lower level.
Overview of Trench 43 in 2000 looking north, showing the HARP-exposed circular platform in the foreground and the "granary" area in the background. Note the wall voids to the west, south, and east of the circular platform (see also image 86)
In 1998, the circular platform first exposed by Sir Mortimer Wheeler in 1946 was re-exposed and the area around the platform was expanded to reveal the presence of the room in which it was enclosed.