A 10 lettered signboard found in the western chamber of North Gate of Castle, (c. 2500-1900 BC). There are ten symbols in the panel. One symbol has been repeated four times. These symbols are indicative of use in Stage IV of Harappan Culture.
Slides and images of Dholavira an archaeological site from the Ancient Indus Valley civilization
The limestone pillar members, found at Dholavira reminiscence of the Harappan culture. A circular cut base of the pillar is shown below. Pillar members have been found in various trenches around Dholavira.
Two pillars associated with some type of entrance. It resembles a pillar shaped structure that is neatly polished. Two pillars could be a form of entry into a town, temple or a place of significance.
A set of three rectangular basal slabs used to support the pillar column and mud bricks. The image shows finely crafted pillar base on which the composite pillar members were placed in order.
Top view of the rectangular basal slab with robust locking mechanism. Entire pillars rested on these superstructures [?]. These were used as a mounting point for side walls of chambers and to provide support to the roof structure.
The view of middle town as seen from the eastern wall periphery. The middle and lower towns were built on the northern part of the Dholavira while the Citadel was on the south part of the Dholavira.
Middle town from the Castle. A deep well used for drawing water from the ground during the Harappan and Late Harappan Period.
A water management system using storm water drainage. The storm water drain in the picture is located in the citadel and connected to an arterial one on the south of the Citadel.